We are currently accepting applications for Substitute Educational Interpreters for the 2016-17 school year. We will begin first reviews of applications in mid-August of 2016.
- Duties include but not limited to: Facilitating communication among deaf and hard of hearing (D/HH) students and their hearing peers, classroom teachers and other staff in the school system. Providing interpretation of classroom lessons and assignments through American Sign Language (ASL.) Tutoring of students to explain directions, tasks, and assignments to ensure understanding.
- Well-qualified candidates will be proficient in ASL. National or WI DPI certification is preferred.
- Pay for 2016-17 is $29.12 per hour.
- To apply for this position, complete the WECAN online application and attach cover letter and resume to your application. Click to view Applicant User Guide for new redesigned WECAN system.
- After you apply, please contact Kristi Martin, Human Resources Generalist, 608-845-4350 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or to follow up.
- The Verona Area School District is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, political affiliation, genetic information, citizenship status, military service, arrest or conviction record, the off duty use or non-use of lawful products or any other basis prohibited by state, federal and /or laws and regulations.